[TRLog] PCI IRQ Steering

Subject: [TRLog] PCI IRQ Steering
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:46:06 -0800
Dave,

Just to let you know, I pulled out my network card and serial port
expander last night and "removed" them from the system window
in control panel. After restoring COM1 (the serial port on the mother
board), I then reinstalled the network card and port expander using
the IRQ reserve feature in the BIOS for COM2-COM4 on the ISA
port expander. This has restored COM1 functionality in Windows
as well as giving me COM2 - COM4 functionality when running
TRlog in a DOS window. Windows 98 doesn't appear to "see" COM2-
COM4, but the port expander is an old card, and I don't think it was
designed to support WIN98. Anyway, I now have a COM port again
to talk to my PK-232 as well as 4 COM ports available for use with
TRlog.

Thanks a bunch for the help - your suggestions were right on target.
Also, its good to hear from you again. Last time we talked I think you
were in Idaho and I was in Florida. Looks like we have both switched
coasts.

73 de Mike, W4EF..............