[TRLog] Dupes & Exchanges

Subject: [TRLog] Dupes & Exchanges
From: roberto.soro@sia.it (Soro Roberto)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:19:24 +0100
Hi Riki and all,
I try to answer.

> I have 2 problems:
>
> 1- In the CQ WW the duplicate contacts were not marked "dupe"
> etc.  They
> were given zero points, but since the rules required dupes to
> be clearly
> marked, I had to manually insert "dupe" with a text editor.
> The Stew Perry
> logs were the same in that respect.

It is an apparent problem, but not real indeed.
For two reason:
a- when the contest is over, run POST and this program will do the work for
you
(checking for dupes, checking mults, do the summary report, etc.)
The manual expalains all this stuff.

b- with the CABRILLO format is no longer required that you mark qsos as
dupes
since the logchecking program of the committee will do it for you.
You are only required to submit your entire log.

> 2-In the CQ 160,  another problem cropped up.  When I enter
> the received
> exchange, the program always logs the generic prefix.  In
> other words, if a
> European Russian station is logged, it always shows up as
> "UA" - ignoring
> the fact that I logged "ER" for most of these stations.
> During the contest

ER stands for European Russia, or UA as a prefix identifier, which is the
same.
Since rules state that you should send the country id TR logs the most
natural
id which is in most cases not confusing for a checking purpose.
Most of the slovenian S5 stations were seinding SI ant tr logged them as S5.
Don't do all the edit work, it is not necessary!.

73
Bob,I2WIJ (IR2V in contest)

mailto:i2wij@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/i2wij/