[TRLog] K1EA DVP Board in New PC

Subject: [TRLog] K1EA DVP Board in New PC
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree N6TR)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 10:04:47 -0800
> Hi, gang! Hoping to improve things, I bought a new PC w/Celeron 700 Mhz
> processor and 128 meg ram. I now find that there is no slot available to
> put my DVP board in. I called the shop where I bought my computer and
> they tell  me that board is old technology and there is no socket
> available. Is this true?

That is true - many of the newer motherboards don't have an ISA
connector (the old black connector).   They only have PCI connectors.

There isn't any way to plug an ISA card into a PCI connector.

This means you won't be able to use your DVP with this computer.

Your only choices are to go back to a computer that has an ISA
connector - or possibly use your sound "card" with SBDVP instead
of your DVP.

Tree N6TR
n6tr@contesting.com