[TRLog] Frequency Display / and ALT-N xmit freq change

Subject: [TRLog] Frequency Display / and ALT-N xmit freq change
From: Alan Kaul" <alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net (Alan Kaul)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 16:33:18 -0800
   If I remember correctly, I used to get a frequency readout on my screen,
but during the ARRL DX contest, I never saw one.

Am I mistaken about seeing such a readout in the past?  None of the screen
shots in the manual shows one.

I am using TR 6.56, an FT-847, and set the config files to :

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 2
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE=4800
RADIO ONE TYPE = FT847
RADIO ONE TRACKING ENABLE=TRUE
RADIO ONE TRACKING RATE =0

ALSO:  All keys seem to operate normally (changing bands, modes, etc.)
EXCEPT the use of ALT-N which does change the transmit frequency  (as it is
supposed to), but the BAND SELECT BAR at the top of screen still indicates
I'm on the old band (i.e. it does not change to the new band).  Is that a
BUG or should it work that way -- i.e. make me change the band manually
using ALT-B/ALT-V?

Please and thanks, and 73 de alan

Alan Kaul, W6RCL, LaCanada, CA
w6rcl@amsat.org , http://home.att.net/~alan.kaul/index.html