[TRLog] Alt M failure

Subject: [TRLog] Alt M failure
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:11:22 -0500
At 06:06 PM 3/12/01 GMT, Clive Whelan wrote:
>To restate, in certain contest files *any* single QSO in the
>log.dat file means that on restarting the Alt M command will not
>work, and therefore when using a Kenwood radio it is stuck in
>SSB.
>
>I now suspect that my recent CtrlC-Ctrl D message problems may
>be related thinking that the transceiver is in SSB mode whereas
>it is in CW. I am not sure about this however.

You're gonna hate this:

Multiple Modes = True/False.  Manual says the default is contest dependent.
 You can see the default value in the Ctl-J menu.  When it is set to False,
the result is exactly as you describe.  The defaults don't always make
sense, either -- for ARRL DX, for example, the default is TRUE, which isn't
logical...

Since the PIEXX cannot change the TS-930 mode, all it does is echo back the
last mode change command sent to it.  I have not had any difficulty with
confusing TR, but I, too, remain confused about the use of the Ctl-C/Ctl-D
commands (like NEXTBANDMAP) when in SSB mode.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at