[TRLog] TR and Internet Spots

Subject: [TRLog] TR and Internet Spots
From: K5NZ@aol.com (K5NZ@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:30:15 EDT

--part1_99.16bd19f7.2868c117_boundary

In a message dated 6/25/01 11:19:37 AM Central Daylight Time, tree@kkn.net
writes:

> > I have a feeling that in the next few years RF clusters are going to become
> > a thing of the past.  Any possibility of a future modification of TR to
> > permit packet connection via TCP/IP?  Or is this a LOT harder than it
> > looks, in DOS?
>
> I haven't stumbled on any easy way to do this.

I use DX Telnet  ( http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/telnet.htm ) on my internet
computer and then just send the info out to my contest computer via serial
port just as if it were RF link coming in.  It then interfaces with TR  with
no problems at all.

"If it's worth doing....it's worth overdoing!"
Regards,
Mike Hance K5NZ
Bedias, Tx
 <A HREF="http://www.teamcramp.com/";>http://www.teamcramp.com/</A>

--part1_99.16bd19f7.2868c117_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/25/01
11:19:37 AM Central Daylight Time, tree@kkn.net