[TRLog] Commanding Yaesu radios -- version 6.59

Subject: [TRLog] Commanding Yaesu radios -- version 6.59
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:49:43 -0400
Is anyone having luck commanding the FT-1000MP with hex commands embedded
in function key definitions, a feature added in version 6.59?

Here's the full text of a little logcfg.dat file I worked up to test this
feature.  I can't figure out why it does not work.

MY CALL = N4ZR
CONTEST = CQ WW
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = FT1000MP
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 4

CQ MEMORY F1=>cq cq n4zr n4zr k SRS1=<00><00><00><40><75>

This line should clear the RIT, then send a short CQ, and finally turn off
the EDSP audio filter.  The little boxes before the SRS1 and at the end are
ctl-C and Ctl-D respectively.  The RIT clear and the CW work fine, but the
EDSP command does nothing.  TR is talking with the radio fine, as indicated
by both the correct functioning of the RIT clear command and by both band
and frequency tracking between radio and software.

Thanks in advance!

73, Pete N4ZR