[TRLog] TRmanual 6.59 woes

Subject: [TRLog] TRmanual 6.59 woes
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond NØSS)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:35:12 -0500
Fellas:

>Also tried to get the manual from TR site.  Clicked on
>  "Latest Manual for Version 6.56 - PDF format - 1084K"
>even though it didn't say 6.59.  Acrobat 5.0 opened and claimed
>that the file was corrupted and couldn't be fixed.
>
>Went to http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp, clicked on
>Radio, clicked on TR Manual and nothing happened.  Tried again and
>download started.  Acrobat didn't open.
>
>Message at bottom of screen said 1765K read, Acrobat didn't open
>and no idea where all those bytes went.  To the Null device I
>hope.

The manual loaded easily when I used Reader v4.0

Is it possible that you have AcroRead v3.x? And might it be possibly that
Doc created the PDF in v4.0 format? If so, that's probably the fly in the
ointment. Reader 3 won't load/display PDFs created as v4 files. DISTILLER
must be set to create v3-compatible files.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS