[TRLog] Slow CW characters

Subject: [TRLog] Slow CW characters
From: wn0x@earthlink.net (Rich Beckwith)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:09:02 -0600
Running 6.59 on a Pentium 266 with 64MB.  TRLOG slows WAY down on certain cw
characters making it un-usable. Seems to be worse in S&P mode where it will
stall on the dash part of the N in my call sign every time, but in general
can't seem to decide on the speed it wants to send, and always sounds a bit
"jerky".  I am running in MSDOS mode, NOT a window so have no clue what is
going on.  I have the same problem on my PIII 833  IBM laptop running from a
98 DOS boot disk. In fact, simulator mode will completely stall on this
machine, hang a few seconds then play "catch up".

Older versions of this program ran quite well on my older IBM laptops in the
PII 166 class.

Ideas?

Rich - Wn0x