[TRLog] Alt-I only works in SS if the exchange window just has the NR

Subject: [TRLog] Alt-I only works in SS if the exchange window just has the NR
From: mikeh@airflash.com (Mike Heideman)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:49:54 -0800
I tried to use the Alt-I feature that's supposed to increment the number
in an exchange while the contest was set to Sweepstakes.  It erases the
Exchange field unless the only thing in it is the number.

Most of the time you try to copy the entire exchange that's sent by the
other station while you wait until he comes back to you.  I hadn't been
aware of the Alt-I feature until I reread the manual last night, so I
was really disappointed that it didn't work for the SS exchange.  We
spend a lot of our time deleting the final digit (or two) and retyping
in the new number while our S&P station waits for a time when the run
station isn't transmitting to make a call.  Alt-I just seemed so
useful.  If only it worked...

-Mike, N7MH