[TRLog] Icom filter settings

Subject: [TRLog] Icom filter settings
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree N6TR)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 07:30:42 -0800 (PST)
> We had a 14 hour total black out during the CQWW CW - not a signal to be
> heard on any band. Anyway - this changed my strategy from competitor to
> simply playing in the contest. I decided to turn on my packet stuff and try
> and use TR in S&P mode to grab mults. Unfortunately, with every move to Next
> Band Map entry the Icom 736 would turn off the CW filter. This was such a
> problem that it renders TR + Icom 736 almost completely unusable in cw in
> the assisted S&P mode. Even if I enter the frequency directly in the call
> window from the keyboard the Icom turns off the CW filter. I am sure you
> realize that with out the cw filter the qrm is just to heavy to copy cw most
> of the time. It sure would be nice if this problem could be solved.

Good news for those of you using the "IC781" radio interface and are
having this problem.  Version 6.61 will store the filter setting that
it gets whenever it gets the radio frequency and send the same filter
setting out when it tries to set frequencies.  I don't see where the
735 class radios have this bit - so hopefully, this isn't a problem
for them with the current version.

Tree