[TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies

Subject: [TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies
From: kg2au@stny.rr.com (Jimmy Weierich)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:48:04 -0500
I've not had the problem of a call not clearing out. At least not if
I stop tuning long enough for the frequency shown under the Band/Mode
to update to the current rig frequency.

I have occasionally had the problem of the call in the bandmap not
popping into the call window for as long as I can remember.

I just loaded about thirty calls into the bandmap and tuned up and
down the map for about 20 minutes and managed to make this happen
three times. There seemed to be no relation between the age of the
spot, or anything else I could see, and the occurrences. In each case
the entry in the bandmap was blinking, the frequency in the band map
was the same as that under the Band/Mode, and the call window was
empty. Once this happened with a call that call would not appear even
if I tuned away and back again, regardless of for how long or how
many other calls were posted to the call window. The only way I could
make the call in question again appear in the call window was to go
to CQ mode and then back to S&P.

On the second occasion when this happened I got a message under the
exchange window that said "Enter frequency for W1AR in kHz:". On the
other two occasions no message appeared.

Btw, I am using a TS850.

Jimmy

--
Jimmy Weierich, KG2AU       <kg2au@stny.rr.com>