[TRLog] Frequent lock ups

Subject: [TRLog] Frequent lock ups
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 14 Dec 2001 18:51:19 -0800
I'm new to TR... have 6.60.  I am playing in
the 10m contest in an attempt to get used to it all.

I am having frequent lock-ups - everything freezes.
Even CTL-ALT-DEL doesn't work. Need to do a hard
reboot.  I thought it might be RF (although I have NO
problem with NA or CT in exactly the same environment)
so I sprinkled a few ferrite cores around.  Eventually
I got it to lock up even when I wasn't transmitting -
I was just checking things in the CTL-J screen, or
playing with SCP.  Has happened at least a dozen times
in an hour of operating.

In an effort to keep things simple, I eliminated all
the ramdisk/himem/etc. calls I had and then rebooted.
Problem still occurs.

Any suggestions?

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com