[TRLog] code speed

Subject: [TRLog] code speed
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 06:24:41 -0600
This is a quote off the cq-contest reflector which echoes something I have asked
about in the past.  I still like the idea.  Possible?  Easy?  Hard?

"Maybe contest software should have a RUFZ-like feature, that slows down every
time you press F1, and speeds up every time you work someone - Bill Coleman,
AA4LR"

Right up there with the .cfg file user-selectable "CODE SPEED INCREMENT ="
because I think 3 wpm is too much.  I am always ^S-ing in the middle of things
to get the speed I REALLY want.  Personally I would prefer to have the increment
1 WPM and hit the page up/dn key repeatedly.

In implementation, I think Bill's idea above would work better for me if the
speed went up 1WPM every 2 or 3 repeated CQs.  This rate, as most things in
TRlog, should be user-definable.

While we're at it, I am one who prefers to match the speed of the calling guy at
times, so the simple feature of restoring the original speed if it got changed
DURING the exchange would be handy.

If these things have happened already and I don't know it then I apologize in
advance for not reading the comprehensive documentation that comes with the
product thoroughly enough lately - and would somebody please set me straight.
Thanks.

Mark, N5OT