[TRLog] PTT output from the parallel port

Subject: [TRLog] PTT output from the parallel port
From: kk1l@arrl.net (Ronald Rossi)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:14:03 -0500

Larry Menzel wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have had some great success with TRLog and SBDVP which uses a Sound
> Blaster card to do all the work.
>
> Check out the free software and information at:
> http://fermi.la.asu.edu/w9cf/sbdvp/

Yes it works great.

> Now, here are a couple other things.  First. For SSB 'tests, you have to run
> TR in a DOS window inside Windows to take
> advantage of the Windows soundcard drivers.  I've done this now quite a few
> times, and it seems to work just
> fine.  I have a PII 333MHz machine, so it's fast enough to handle it...don't
> know what it'll do on a slower or
> older machine.  Second.  All sound inputs must be done with a mike connected
> to the sound card, which means
> that you can't record on the fly, like with the DVK board, unless you have a
> separate mic hooked up all the time.

My sound card feeds the input to the output all the time. I don't know
if most or few sound cards do this. Some I know are programmable in this
sense (a driver setting or command sent by the sound card setup
software). I use this to my advantage by running the input to the radio
from the sound card and the heil drives the input to the sound card.
This way I can record on the fly, change messages as my voice changes,
etc.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont