[TRLog] Networking Dedicated TR Machine

Subject: [TRLog] Networking Dedicated TR Machine
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:48:53 -0800
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:05:06AM -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

> Use a second hub upstairs in the shack, connected to the two PCs and the
> network cable going downstairs.  I think this should work and hubs are
> cheap, but will it?
>
> Use a second NIC in the shack computer and run a network cable to the TR
> machine.  I don't know if Win98SE can support what amount to two networks
> at once.  Would I have to run Windows on the TR machine, or is there such a
> thing as a DOS driver for a 10 MHz Ethernet card?

What you need to do is get fron ethernet to the serial port - so
that you can telnet to a dx cluster.

There are several ways to do this.

This one uses a computer running linux and works very well - this
is how I have done it for several years:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/radio/trlog_telnet.html

I have used K1TTT's WinTelnetx software and it works
well using a windows computer as the gateway:

http://www.k1ttt.net/software.html#wintelnetx

I see there is a similar program here:

http://www.f5mzn.online.fr/httpdxcatcher.html

You can find these links on the TR-Log web page here:

http://www.qth.com/tr/contrib.html

--

George Fremin III        "When a true genius appears in the world,
Johnson City, TX           you may know him by this sign; that the