[TRLog] POST ate Chip & J!

Subject: [TRLog] POST ate Chip & J!
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:10:57 -0800
>  > If the JA cell is overcapacity (total information saved > 64K),
>  > the calls at the end of the JA list will be missing
>  > (as Mirko pointed out).
>
> Are you using a ready-made subroutine library to handle the
> database?

No.

> Are calls that don't make it into the first 64K really
> dumped?

If they meet the criteria explained in my previous post - yes.

> Why can't you use extention cells for over-large doublets,
> with a pointer to the extention at the end of the filled up
> cell? Or is the overhead connected with this what you call
> "manually check"? Maybe it isn't even that big - contained
> in loop controls already?

I could do this - and add more complexity to the code.  However,
I think there are more important places for me to spend my limited
time that I have to improve the program.

This is only a problem with "monster" databases.  With a little
work - I think most people can live with the limitations - but
they do need to understand what they are.

Tree