[TRLog] POST UEFF

Subject: [TRLog] POST UEFF
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 09:07:34 -0500
As someone suggested, my problem with POST not writing the .DTA file to
ASCII before beginning to update it (thereby losing my old .DTA file's
contents) turned out to be a matter of not being logged into the C:\LOG
directory where the TRMASTER.DTA file is kept.  The path statement worked
for POST itself and for some other UExx functions, but not for this one.

Because the consequences are so horrific, it would probably be a good idea
to trap this error in some way.  A simple "file not found" trap would
prevent a lot of grief.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at