[TRLog] 286 Computer Question

Subject: [TRLog] 286 Computer Question
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:24:37 -0800
> Here's another question about ancient equipment, I've got a Tandy 1500 286
> laptop.  Installed Dos 6.xx last night.  When trying to use the Ctrl-J to
> bring up the menu it's sends the CQ message instead.  All the other Ctrl
> functions work as advertised.  Any suggestions?

Interesting.

This suggests something is working differently with the keyboard than
other computers.  You might try switching the USE BIOS CALLS flag to
TRUE and see if it makes a different.

Control-J and RETURN both return the same ASCII value.  TR tells them apart
by looking at the keyboard scan codes - which are different for these two
keys.

Tree