[TRLog] trlog simulator

Subject: [TRLog] trlog simulator
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:13:38 -0800
Phil,

First of all, the simulator is excellent for practising cw and
TRLogging, all at the same time.  What I really like is that, if you
mess up a call, you get nagged to get it right.  You judge your skill
level by the combination of the cw speed you have set and the Q rate.
 i.e. if you take several tries to get a call right, your rate goes down.

The simulator uses the TRmaster.dta file as a source of calls.  If you
don't have one, the simulator defaults to a file supplied with TR.

So, you need a TRmaster.dta file which was generated from an SS log (so
the ARRL sections are included) in a directory (folder) where TR can
find it.  Doesn't matter if it is a phone or cw log or a combination of
both.  It is better if the log comes from a station in your area that
made not only a lot of Qs but also a clean sweep.  That way, all
sections will be represented and the calls you hear will have a
distribution that makes sense for your geographical area.

You could also make one up but it would be pretty tedious.

If you can't find anyone to help you with this, let me know and I'll
send you one.  Will give you the experience of how things sound in VE7land.

Hope this helps.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO