[TRLog] XP and DOS Now Play Nicely Together

Subject: [TRLog] XP and DOS Now Play Nicely Together
From: (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:22:32 -0400
Partition Magic can remove it easily. I don't understand why they were
having troubles, other than possibly some boot partition intercepts in
the bios (known as idiot-proofing at the mfr, and interference by some
of us).

But why would you want to remove it? XP Pro is easily the most stable
OS MickeySoft has ever put out, bar none (including the well-regarded
W2K SP2). It is not all that friendly to any number of legacy apps,
but I had XP up without needing to reboot for a six month stretch.
Then I needed a DOS partition to run a legacy modeling program that
would not get along with any DOS box memory manager.

I did exactly what Mark did. Use PM to create a DOS bootable partition
and install BootMagic. Slick, fast, effective.

73, y'all