I just released version 6.65. I temporarily undid a change made for K1EA DVP
which broke SBDVP. I will put back when the new version of SBDVP code is
released. POST remains unchanged from the last version. I will get support
for the New England QSO Party cabrillo generation in there shortly.
Release notes for TR Logging Program - Version 6.65
26 April 2002
Version 6.65 - released on 26 April 2002
- Added support for New England QSO Party. Includes DX multiplier limit
of 20 for stations within New England! It should score properly. POST
will be updated shortly.
- Temporarily removed check for DVPActive pending an update of SBDVP
from W9CF. This check broke SBDVP and helped K1EA DVP.
- Fixed CQ and EX MENUes to display even if more than 79 characters.
- Band map fixes
Fixed random garbage from showing up when tuned out of band.
WARC bands now display properly (but after the 'contest' HF bands).
Fixed calls with slashes not having dupe state set correctly.
Fixed LOGCFG.DAT recognizing BAND MAP SPLIT MODE = BY CUTOFF FREQ.
Fixed Home and End keys when editting large band maps.
Cursor always returns to Home when changing display modes while editting
the band map. Too many special cases to check for otherwise.
- Band map improvements
Added LOGCFG command CALL WINDOW SHOW ALL SPOTS. The default is false.
When true in S&P mode all spots will show up in the call window
as you tune by even if they are not being displayed in the band map.
Added CTRL-Delete keystroke to delete current (highlighted) entry in
the band map from the logging window. You can use this to delete
undisplayed spots if they are in showing in the call window with
CALL WINDOW SHOW ALL SPOTS = TRUE.
Added CTRL-Insert "placeholder" keystroke. This cool feature will
insert an entry in the band map with a unique 'call'. This is useful
when S&P and you think the station is a new one, but the timing is
wrong to call. With one keystroke you can mark the frequency and
move on. The format of the 'call' is NEWmmss, where mm is the minute
and ss is the second in the hour the frequency is marked.
Changed the BAND MAP DECAY value to be any value up to 999 minutes!!
That should satisfy even the most stale spotster =:-)
When editting the band map the cursor is now placed at the current
frequency if displayed.
Version 6.64 - released 07-April-2002 - major bandmap overhaul.
- Major band map fixes.
Fixed no dupe display. No more squirrelly behavior.
Fixed cursor navigation for all supported display options.
Fixed Esc putting band map entry into call window when exiting map.
Fixed a multiplier band map entry not becoming a dupe when worked.
Fixed Alt-Y (delete log entry) so band map properly reflects the change.
Fixed radio coming out of split mode when simplex entry.
Fixed bug in save of QSX frequency. (QSX will be invalid from saved maps)
Note: Some radios do not support changing mode of B VFO (Kenwoods). As
a result the VFO mode will not update even though the freq is correct.
- Major band map improvements.
Added scrolling support when there are more entries than fit on the
screen. Both tuning the radio and moving the cursor will cause the
display to track. This works with the mouse too.
Added hot key options. When editting the band map via CTRL-END hitting
"D" or mouse button 2 will toggle dupe/no dupe display mode.
"M" will toggle current mode/all mode display mode.
"B" will toggle current band/all band display mode.
Band map display now pays attention to VHFBandsEnabled and
WARCBandsEnabled. (HF bands are always enabled).
Added LOGCFG command BAND MAP SPLIT MODE. Choices are BY CUTOFF FREQ and
AWAYS PHONE. Default is BY CUTOFF FREQ. This is an attempt to properly
handle the mode of split band map entries. The default allows tailoring
the ranges using the existing BAND MAP CUTOFF FREQUENCY command.
Added NEXTDISPLAYEDBANDMAP function key command. NEXTBANDMAP cycles
through the non-dupe entries of the current band and mode. This function
cycles through all the displayed non-dupe entries.
Added NEXTDISPLAYEDBANDMAP footswitch function.
- Added option to ALT-T. Just hit enter without entering the time and if
the network is active you will be asked if you want to pass time to other
computers on the network.
- After playing a Control-A message on inactive radio with DVP or DVK,
the active radio was enabled. This is now fixed so that the inactive
radio stays enabled.
- Fixed POST so that if you are trying to edit your TRMASTER file in
a different directory than the one that the file is located in, the
program will let you.
Version 6.63a - released on 24 February 2002
- Really fixed sent exchange in ARRL DX.
Version 6.63 - released on 24 February 2002
- When using the @ character in the middle of a QSO, and if you have
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE, the program will look for an updated
call in the exchange window and send that instead of the call window
contents. This feature will now update the CALLSIGN I CAME BACK TO
value - so the callsign won't be automatically sent with the QSL
- Alt-D was not putting the proper multiplier status up in the bandmap
for some stations. This has been fixed.
- Improved Cabrillo operation for the ARRL DX contest for stations
who have an ARRL Section different than their state/province.
- Added some more Icom Radios. Here is a complete list now:
IC706, IC706II, IC706IIG, IC707, IC725, IC726, IC728, IC729, IC735,
IC736, IC737, IC738, IC746, IC746PRO, IC756, IC756PRO, IC756PROII,
IC761, IC765, IC775, IC781.
- Added K2 as a radio type. There isn't any new functionality here
yet (still works like a Kenwood), but it sets up the program to
take advantage of some of the K2 specific commands in the future.
- Added ARRL RTTY ROUNDUP to startup menu. Added Cabrillo support for
it as well. Removed zone multipliers.
Version 6.62 - released 1 January 2002.
- Fixed Cabrillo for the Stew Perry contest.
- Improved startup of Stew to ask for Grid Square.
- Added IC706 and IC746.
Version 6.61 - released on 28 December 2001.
- Fixed ARRL10 meter Cabrillo so ARRL Section not automatically used
as sent exchange.
- Fixed possible hang if putting entry into bandmap that isn't on
a frequency in an amateur band. The program would hang with no
- Fixed band map entries not consistently making it into the call
window when S&P.
- Added QSO POINT METHOD = FISTS and EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QTH NAME
AND FISTS NUMBER OR POWER. Added FISTS contest. One exception made
is that DX mults are not counted again on different bands. TR has
no way to treat domestic and DX mults differently. Since the mult
status isn't communicated with the Cabrillo output - I assume the
sponsors will correctly determine your multiplier totals and
calculate the correct score. However, there is too much information
being exchanged in this contest and TR can't display it all. Will
work on a solution for the next release.
- Allowed display of QSO status on other bands, even if MULTIPLE BANDS
= FALSE when doing multi.
- Fixed up the NRAU contest to use updated NRAU.DOM file. Changed name
of the contest to NRAU Baltic (Thanks SM3CER and ES5QX).
- Added post support for Baltic contest.
- Fixed FQP problems: Manatee mult, mult by mode (thanks N2CU).
- Added BAND MAP DISPLAY CQ (Control-J, True). When false, CQ entries
will not appear in the band map.
- Fixed QSO points for non W/VE, but ARRL sections when working DX in
the ARRL 160 contest.
- Changed Minnesota QSO Party to use Name and QTH exchange.
- Fixed contest name for ARRL September VHF contest.
- Added Cabrillo WPX style support for AP Sprint and SAC contests.
- Updated domestic file for YO DX (thanks SM3CER).
- Changed name of the VK ZL Oceania contest to Oceania Contest.
Added Cabrillo support using the WPX format.
- Attempted to Icom type radios to same filter bandwidth as they
were already in. Please let me know how this is working and
what rought edges remain.
- Created the following radio IDs: IC707, IC725, IC726, IC728,
IC729, IC735, IC736, IC737, IC738, IC761, IC765, IC775, IC781.
The receiver addresses are properly initialized for these, so
you don't have to set them anymore. However, the radio ID
commands still work in case you have changed them from the
default - or need to support a radio not listed.
- Made LookForOnDeckCall (in LogWind) handle / in first character.
- Made \ commands only work when in call window (even though there
aren't any currently enabled).
- Added UNLIMITED category to Cabrillo routine for the SS.
- Fixed Nu entry in P14.DOM file (which isn't actually used in any
- Added S50P14DC.DOM and used it for the ARRL 10 meter contest.
Version 6.60 - 11 November 2001
- Ignore ESCAPE EXITS SEARCH AND POUNCE = FALSE if you have a call
ready for a second radio QSO (Alt-D). This allows you to use the
escape key to abort a second radio QSO even if ESCAPE EXITS SEARCH
AND POUNCE = FALSE.
- Added FT817 support. Note that the 817 does not support the QSY
feature or RIT commands.
- Added utility to POST to allow the times in your log to be changed
by a fixed number of minutes. This is very handy if you had your
clock set wrong. It will also fix the dates. POST U D.
- Increased the allowable length of the function key messages when being
read from the config file.
- Some minor improvements to the two radio mode. Using Alt-R will
clear the InactiveRadioCallingCQ flag to give better results.
Entering a callsign into the call window after a dummy CQ will
prevent an automatic CQ from launching after the second radio
QSO is logged. Pressing RETURN will then answer that station.
Version 6.59 - 19 August 2001
- When receiving a RST and SERIAL number exchange, you can increment
a serial number in the exchange window by pressing I (for increment).
- Fixed up SCP COUNTRY STRING functionality. Only put the ! at the
first character position if you want to exclude countries. Use a
comma between each country listed. Spaces are optional. For
example: K, VE, KP2, KP4, KH6, KL will include those six countries.
!JA, K, VE will exclude those three countries.
- Fixed OnDeckCall after doing a CQ on the inactive radio, so that
it comes out on the right radio. OnDeckCall is a callsign that
is entered in the exchange window with a / in front of it. When
this is done, the callsign will be put into the call window when
you log the QSO. You will have to hit ENTER again to call the
- Made Control-Enter when finsihing a two radio QSO not send CW.
Instead, a CQ will be launched on the run radio.
- Re-enabled digital mode in Cabrillo file.
- Included the NAQP.DOM file that disappeared in the past couple of
- Allowed control characters in RTTY SEND and RECEIVE command by
putting <> around two character hex value (i.e., <3F><FB><03> ).
- Allow control characters to be specified for function key memories
in the config file (using the above syntax). These will not work
if you use the Alt-P command.
- Removed auto restart of auto CQ after a CQ mode QSO. I should have
trusted my original instints about this and never have put it in.
- Fixed FQP exchange for RST and QTH.
Version 6.58 - 24 April 2001
- Removed RTTY SEND CHARACTER and RTTY RECEIVE CHARACTER. Replaced
with RTTY SEND STRING and RTTY RECEIVE STRING.
- Added FLORIDA QSO PARTY (or just FQP).
- Changed GetLogEntryQSONumber to allow 5 digit QSO Numbers. This fixes
POST functions on logs >= 10K QSOs.
- Improved responsiveness of footswitch for non PTT commands when using
- START SENDING NOW KEY = SPACE is fixed.
Version 6.57 - 11 March 2001
- Fixed on deck call (\N6TR) being sent on speaker.
- Fixed ARRL 160 setup if you were in Hawaii/Alaska or US possession.
- Added new LOGCFG command - COUNT DOMESTIC COUNTRIES. Default is
FALSE. Lets you count DX countries for domestic QSOs in addition
to the domestic multiplier.
- Fixed up Russian DX contest QSO points, added CE9 as a domestic
country and fixed initial exchange so it is blank for non russians.
Also, made sure domestic countries count along with the oblast.
- Added UBA Contest and QSO Point method.
- Added CQ WPX RTTY contest - and CQ WPX RTTY QSO point method.
- Improved immunity of Cabrillo generator to non QSO entries (like
- Fixed LOG WITH SINGLE ENTER config command problem (always on).
- Made AutoCQs resume automatically after QSO.
- Fixed PE (Prince Edward Island) in domestic files that have Canada.
Version 6.56 - 1 December 2000
- Fixed POST not doing dupe check.
- Fixed runtime 204 with invalid input for frequency.
- Doubled length of DVK start pulse.
- Fixed FT100 frequency reading and split operation.
Version 6.55 - 14 November 2000
- Allowed Alt-D command to be process after entering a callsign
and AUTO CALL TERMINATE. However, the CQ EXCHANGE won't be sent
until the Alt-D window is closed. However, at least now you won't
be entering the callsign into the call window.
- Added DUPE SHEET ENABLE (Control-J - True). When FALSE disables
the addition of calls to the dupesheet. This might be used if
you don't care about working dupes and want to conserve memory.
- When entering an exchange while making a second radio QSO with the
Alt-D function, you may now enter a callsign of a station who is
answering your "dummy" CQ. You can enter it in the exchange window
by putting a / in the front of the call (i.e., 12A 67NTX /N6TR).
When you do this - there will be no CQ called at the end of the
QSO and N6TR will be put into the call window ready for you to
answer by pressing RETURN.
- Control-] gives a new info screen. This shows the time on
distribution by band in minutes and percent. It also shows
you QSO distribution for Europe, NA and Asia by band with
percent. This is called the CT1BOH info screen since it was
- New RESTART.BIN version number. This eliminates any risk of
program crashes as a result of starting the program up with
an older .RST file.
- Fixed blinking band map display when two interfaced radios are
on different modes.
- Added display of the band/mode of the bandmap.
- When sending a command to the radio in a CW message - along with
a CW message - some radios (Kenwood) will ignore the command when
sending CW. The program will now send the command - waiting for
it to be processed by the radio, and then send the CW.
- If you put a command in a message (using Control-C and Control-D),
the program would hang if you forgot the Control-D. This has been
fixed so the command will just be ignored and the program won't
- Added SRSI to SRS commands to send inactive radio to chosen frequency.
- Fixed TenTen for custom initial exchanges and user info.
Version 6.54 - 26 October 2000
- Fixed POST DAT file merge procedure.
- Fixed PTT TURN ON DELAY just before sending exchange with auto start
Version 6.53 - 3 October 2000
- Added CQ WW RTTY contest and CQ WW RTTY QSO POINT METHOD
- Updated VK/ZL contest.
- Changed Salmon Run QSO Point Method to 4 CW and 2 SSB.
- Added ALWAYS CALL BLIND CQ (default = FALSE, Control-J). Will launch
exchange memory F7 automatically on CW when the CQ EXCHANGE is finished.
- Made CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE work when using @ in exchange.
- Added NU to ARRL DX contest for DX stations.
- Changed NO to NG in HUNGARY.DOM
- Fixed "C" and "N" to resend call and number in WAE when using
QTC EXTRA SPACE.
- Made "UP" case insensitive when in the CALL WINDOW POSITION command.
- Fixed PACKET SPOT KEY in config file.
- Made START SENDING NOW KEY = SPACE only work when in the call window
with at least one letter in the window.
- Improved NAQP VE mults.
Version 6.52 - Released on 3 August 2000.
- Added PACKET SPOT KEY (default = `). This key is used to automatically
send the call in the call window, or the last call worked to the packet
network. The key used to be hardwired as `, but can now be changed if
you don't have that key on your keyboard.
- Allowed SPACE for START SENDING NOW KEY command. It was requested
to be able to start sending CW with the SPACE BAR. This will now
be possible by putting START SENDING NOW KEY = SPACE in your config
- Added PACKET SPOT DISABLE (false, Control-J). When TRUE, the
packet spot key will not work.
- Added ability to program delay into DVK messages. Use Control-C
followed by DVKDELAY=xxxx and then Control-D in the message.
xxxx is the number of milliseconds to delay. You can program
a Control-C when using the Alt-D message editor by pressing
Control-P first and then Control-C.
- Fixed up UKRAINIAN contest:
- Now appears on contest menu.
- Uses RST QSO NUMBER OR DOMESTIC QTC exchange.
- Countes CQDXCC countries
- Puts UR in as a domestic country.
- Allowed 00 for Zone exchange in EU contest. Fixed up remaining
multiplier list to start at zero.
Version 6.51 - Released on 1 August 2000.
- When TAB MODE = CONTROLF, I also made Shift-Tab work as Control-A.
This will make Shift-Tab move you to the next field to the left.
- Added OHIO QSO PARTY. Make sure MY STATE = OH before your contest
statement in the LOGCFG.DAT file to make it work for Ohio stations.
- Added AP SPRINT contest (Asia-Pacific Sprint).
- Made the ITU Zone default for VE2 zone 4 (it was zone 9).
- Updated VE multiplier names in most of the .DOM files. The actual
names are used instead of prefixes.
- Added CALL WINDOW POSITION (NORMAL or UP). The defaul it NORMAL.
There is no Control-J support for this command. It will move the
call window and the information to the left of it up one line. It
also changes the color of the call window to match the editable
window. This makes the band/mode/date/time/QSO number and Call
Window look like they are part of the editable log window.
- Exit editable log edit with you press the down-arrow key while at
the bottom entry. Don't forget about the CONFIRM EDIT CHANGES
command if you want to exit without the Save Changes prompt.
- Made default RST work for RSTAndPostalCode exchange (ROPOCCO test).
It was being left blank unless you entered it into the exchange
- Added LOG WITH SINGLE ENTER command (control-J - false). This will
act just as if you pressed RETURN to answer a station and then
Control-Enter to log the station instantly without sending the
- Fixed wrong IARU zone default for MyZone.
Version 6.50 - Released on 4 June 2000.
- Fixed up Cabrillo for WPX and other contests.
- Updated All Asian with new QSO point structure.
- Made some refinements to the procedure to add a call to the band map
to try and eliminate some run time #204 failures seen in the WPX
contest by several stations. This isn't guaranteed to fix the problem
since I wasn't able to reproduce it.
- Fixed some calls disappearing from call window when hitting RETURN.
This was because I had left a debug message in the code that was added
when working on some SCP issues - probably in 6.48.
- Fixed Band/mode remaining mult window format when mult by mode.
- Fixed ASK FOR FREQUENCIES with no input from crashing program.
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (email@example.com) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont
My page: http://www.qsl.net/kk1l