[TRLog] Re: FISTS Sprint

Subject: [TRLog] Re: FISTS Sprint
From: kk1l@arrl.net (Ronald Rossi)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 13:47:37 -0400
Folks,

I spent a few hours trying to track down exactly what was going on with
the FISTS logging problem. Regarding the comments about mults not
scoring correctly I have included Tree's notes from the release of
version 6.61 where support first appeared (and had not been altered
until 6.67). I was not made aware of the problem until the last minute.
I should have spent more time checking out the fix, but thought I had it
and the contest was the next day. I will not do that again. I did have
good intentions for what that is worth. Sorry about the busted logs.
After I get a the WRTC2002 version going 100% I will fix FISTS in time
for the next sprint.

from Release notes for 6.61:
 - Added QSO POINT METHOD = FISTS and EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QTH NAME
   AND FISTS NUMBER OR POWER.  Added FISTS contest.  One exception made
   is that DX mults are not counted again on different bands.  TR has
   no way to treat domestic and DX mults differently.  Since the mult
   status isn't communicated with the Cabrillo output - I assume the
   sponsors will correctly determine your multiplier totals and
   calculate the correct score.  However, there is too much information
   being exchanged in this contest and TR can't display it all.  Will
   work on a solution for the next release.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont