[TRLog] Straightening out my log after a network problem.

Subject: [TRLog] Straightening out my log after a network problem.
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:44:14 -0700
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 09:22:08PM -0400, Bob Nygren wrote:
>     Hi,
>     I ran TR this past weekend for the VHF contest. With a computer at
> each station, it was a four computer network.
>     Computer "A" went down twice before dying completely. It was
> replaced after 500 or so contacts. Computer "B" went down briefly when
> the breaker on the generator failed. No problems were experienced  with
> the other two machines.
>     The LOG.DAT files for computers B C and D are all slightly different
> in size.
>     Would anyone have any thoughts on the best way to straighten out the
> log? Should I merge the three files? Should I just use the largert file
> because that will have the most data?
>     Any input would be appreciated!

Here is what I would do:

Make copies of each computers log and save them to a safe place.
Make sure you know what file came from what computer.

In POST L there is a routine to pull computer ID out of a log.

So what you want to do is take the log form Computer A and
pull all the A qsos from that log and save it in a file
that you can call A.DAT or A.LOG or something like that.

Then do the same for B and C and D - you will
end up with four logs - A.DAT, B.DAT, C.DAT and D.DAT

Each of these will only have the QSOs that were logged on
that machine.

Then you will take these logs and merge them together using POST L G

You can only merge two logs at a time so waht I usually do is this:

merge A.DAT and B.DAT saving it as AB.DAT

mergr AB.DAT and C.DAT saving it as ABC.DAT

merge ABD.DAT and D.DAT saving it as ABCD.DAT

ABCD.DAT is now your final log - you should run all
of the post contest log tools on it.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net