[TRLog] TR version 6.68 comments and IARU/WRTC usage hint...

Subject: [TRLog] TR version 6.68 comments and IARU/WRTC usage hint...
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:15:13 -0400
Folks,

Version 6.68 includes some fancier support for the IARU and WRTC2002 contests.
In particular a list of HQ multipliers is displayed as well as the normal DX
mults. Use ALT-G to toggle between the two displays. I used a new domestic
multiplier file to generate the list of HQ designators. It is called
IARUHQ.DOM. I very likely missed some prominent designators. I tried to
include the ones used in the last couple years. I will be happy to add others
to the list as they are called to my attention.

IARU/WRTC2002 hint:

Did you know you can use TRMASTER.DTA to set the initial exchange for HQ
stations as well as those pesky US (and other) stations whose call sign does
not reveal their true IARU zone?

First you need to set up your TRMASTER.DTA file to include the right data in
the ITUZone record for each call sign. You can do this manually or you can
read it in from a previous log. To read it in from a log. A UBN corrected
version of last years log would be a good start! Fire up POST from the
directory containing that LOG.DAT file. Then drill down the menu list with
UEFF taking you to "General Purpose File To TRMASTER Procedure". Answer the
questions and update the ITUZone entry with data from column 59 for HQ and
column 55 for zone in your log(s). You will need to go through this procedure
twice if you want to update both numeric zones and HQ designators.

Next you need to add the following two lines to your LOGCFG.DAT (or
equivalent).

INITIAL EXCHANGE = CUSTOM
CUSTOM INITIAL EXCHANGE STRING = ITUZONE

This does work pretty slick. During the contest if you need to correct the
suggestion for the initial exchange just type it at the end (or escape to
erase it then type it in) and it will be logged correctly.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont