[TRLog] Various IARU issues

Subject: [TRLog] Various IARU issues
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:23:17 -0500
> Subject: [TRLog] Too many multipliers enabled!!
>
> That is the message I get on both my PC's when I do the multiplier
> POST for the IARU. Any ideas?

I did this too, then on the second try re-read the instructions on the
screen.  It says to do that only if the contest has country multipliers.
(or something to that effect)  IARU doesn't.  So I don't think this is
*supposed* to work.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to *want* it to work.  As is typical in this
contest, several stations didn't have any idea what ITU zone they were in -
more than one station gave me a CQ zone or a serial number.  One Cuban
station was giving out "038" - I have no idea where he got that number from.
Anyway, if you let POST correct those bad zones - then the errant W2 op
sends in his log with "05" entered in the "Zone I sent" field - might not
you get docked for not logging what the other guy sent??

> I noticed that TR seemed to score the various HQ stations as one-point QSOs.
> I don't think is correct unless I misunderstand the rules...seems their QSO
> points should be as if they were regular station, but you get a mult for
> them (but not a zone mult).

>From http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2002/rules-iaru.html :
7.1. Contacts within your own ITU zone, as well as QSOs with any IARU-member
society HQ stations, count one point.

(which is strange, but if you're the sponsor you get to make the
rules<grin>)
Tree, can you add a feature to electrocute any operator who calls CQ without
bothering to listen to the frequency first?  :(
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66