[TRLog] CW Serial Interface

Subject: [TRLog] CW Serial Interface
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:31:13 -0400
Well, I had a 200 MHz (or was it a 166) Pentium that it WOULDN'T work
on.

I got it to work once after a HD crash when the mouse was
disconnected, but that was before I reloaded all my stuff and made
some bios changes to get them all to work. Then TR would work under
windows once in a while (!) on this box, otherwise not. Used the
windows safety disk boot to run TR and shut down everything else. That
always ran.

I tried uninstalling all the uninstallable programs one at a time, but
never got TR to run under windows on that box again. Eventually it was
disassembled

The very problem about this is how it appears to be related to an
issue, but thus far has refused to be pinned down to an EXACT
combination of factor's.

Ham A says he has a wooby-ding hot dawg 300 and it works fine.
Ham B says he has a wooby-ding hot dawg 300 and it won't work.

Everything is exactly the same between the two boxes except for about
50 applications and all their registry entries which are NOT the same.

Neither, of course, are all the bios entries in the said wooby-ding
hot dawg 300's.

Cannot establish a pattern, or someone would have fixed this five year
old problem.

I repeat, I maintain it has something to do with serial mice, but, I
repeat, I cannot prove it, because, I repeat, others have serial mice
going and it doesn't break, keeping me from establishing a pattern
that could be investigated and fixed.

Anyone who has THE answer, kindly step forward.

I have wasted hundreds of hours chasing this stupid problem. I have
better luck with snipes.