[TRLog] IARU, POST and Cabrillo

Subject: [TRLog] IARU, POST and Cabrillo
From: Alan Kaul, W6RCL" <alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net (Alan Kaul, W6RCL)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:03:23 -0700
I've had a lot of trouble with POST (6.69 and 6.70) since the IARU contest.
The IARU (ARRL)  robot rejected my log several times -- even though I had
added the ARRL-SECTION and the CONTEST data as mentioned by others here.
The log rejection was based on not finding the right data in specific
line-places of my log entry.

The log I created with POST placed the outgoing signal report right next to
the incoming signal report--after both sets of call-letterss, which also
made the line up to 4 spaces longer than it should have been.  That, in
turn, forced the COUNTRY ID to drop to the next line (space #81 or so).  In
addition, the .CBR log also made no mention of my outgoing ZONE.

I tried the software on three different computers, always with the same
result.

So, I finally printed TREY's Cabrillo webpage, counted the spaces manually
for the exchange info, and then massaged the log data manually to correct
the spacing/data/etc. before submitting the log.  The ROBOT accepted it on
the first try.

Am I the only one who has experienced this problem?
If others have reported it, I can't remember reading about it here.

Can anyone explain why POST compiles my .CBR log like this????

Please and thanks, and best 73, de alan

Alan Kaul, W6RCL, LaCanada, CA
w6rcl@amsat.org
http://home.att.net/~alan.kaul/index.html