[TRLog] QTC's on 2 computers ...

Subject: [TRLog] QTC's on 2 computers ...
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (KL7RA)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 01:01:57 -0800
Billy writes:

> OK ... I am seeing a problem with the QTC not tracking
> from one machine to the other.

I also used two machines for WAE and thought it was working
okay. I really didn't make enough QSOs to notice however and
after running a test setup this afternoon confirm that the QSO info
is coming across okay and the logs are identical, but the two
machines do not track what QTC's have been sent and will
duplicate a QTC list.

I assume this contest is a real challenge for the software. TRLog
does seem to do everything okay and it's fun to operate during the
WAE.

This contest deserves a special mention in the manual, like the sprint,
as it requires some extra key strokes and a lot of the information is
spread out in different sections. It's nice to have the WAE country list
on the screen which requires the CTY.DAT file modified. My manual
refers to .CTY file which is wrong but this may have been corrected
since my last updated printout.

Also it requires a log flush before QTC's are sent to include the last 5
QSOs, no big deal, but something that could be fixed someday unless
there is a WAE logging mode I'm overlooking.

Jim writes:
Another "wowzers" to TrLog:  First time I've done WAE in years, and first
time with the program.  The QTC's are almost spooky, they're so easy!

I agree. Ben, DL6RAI, is a good friend and the director of the contest. I
sent him a gift subscription of TRLog for his evaluation. I would like to
see
Non-Eur to Non-Eur QSOs for zero points but a way to load the QTC
bin for transmittal to European stations for one point each. I found a lot
of CQing Non-Europe everywhere but not enough Europe to work, maybe
because of the 100 watt limit and time of year, etc. Anyway, QTC are now
fun to send for some reason, and I ended the contest with one left in the
hopper which I think is good.

73 Rich KL7RA