[TRLog] Interface TS850

Subject: [TRLog] Interface TS850
From: n2mg@eham.net (Michael Gilmer)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:39:57 -0400
Sending CW requires a separate PC-to-radio connection from the command
(freq/mode/etc.) interface.  The PIEXX (didn't know they made one for an
850) provides for the command interface. You still need to build a keying
interface (that ends up with a plug you insert into your "key input" jack).
This should all be described in the TR manual.

Mike N2MG

N9NT wrote:

> I have a PIEXX interface between a TS850 and an old 486SX.  The computer
is able to command the radio to change frequencies.  The computer also
reflects it when the radio frequency is changed.