[TRLog] did i goof up

Subject: [TRLog] did i goof up
From: w7dra@juno.com (mike l dormann)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:24:19 -0800
i am a week into getting my OC stick log put into tr, and i thought "i
have had 3 dupes so far and i just realized that the number i am giving
for a contact is the incorrect one"

how in a contest with a call like 3D2/W7DRA, anyone could try to work me
twice is beyond my understanding, unless they are unsure of the original
contact

now i plan to put my .DAT file into EDIT and change all the incorrect
contact numbers, but how do i increment the contact number in tr to get
the remaining contact number to jibe with the actual contact number given
out?

before the contest i write in my log a sequential contact number and if i
make too much of a mistake on a line i jump to the next contact number
and dont use the one on the line that is messed up

i realize i am the same guy that in 1972 complained that with his KW1,
"nobody" would work his 75 AM fone signal in the SS

i am not complaining about electronic log keeping, really. with the code
sounds buzzing out of the computer as i type it is like working the
contest twice, and i dont get that dull ache in my arm from pounding the

thanks

mike