[TRLog] QSL Labels for TR

Subject: [TRLog] QSL Labels for TR
From: N6ZZ@zianet.com (Phil Goetz)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:50:29 -0700
Ernst:

I've been out of the country for awhile and my email is in disarray, but
I wanted to respond to your query regarding the use of labels with
TRLog.

I just got some labels from a local computer store.  In the U.S., it is
difficult to find labels for dot-matrix printers anymore!

The particular labels I got were from an American chain store called
OfficeMax.  It is their stock number 86103, but I doubt that you can
find them in Europe, since I don't think OfficeMax is an international
company.  The specifications of the labels, which work fine with TR, are
3 and 1/2 inches wide by 15/16 inches high.  But finding labels with
these dimensions in Europe may be dfficult.

I think that the best option for you would be to use a program developed
by DF3CB.  You can import log files from TR (and other logging programs)
into DF3CB's program, and then specify a variety of designs and formats
that can be used for printing.  Although I've not tried it with printing
dot-matrix labels, the program has a great deal of flexibility....and
since it was developed in Europe, I would guess that it is capable of
supporting labels with metric system specifications.

DF3CB's program is called BV.  It is available at http://www.df3cb.com
.. and are you ready for some good news?  The price is right:  Bernd
provides the program for free!  Whatta guy!!

73,

Phil, N6ZZ