[TRLog] TS-870 Beep

Subject: [TRLog] TS-870 Beep
From: punkymcd@pacbell.net (punkymcd@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:07:09 -0800
During the NAQP

I notice when controlling my 870 with Com 2 and operating CW out of Com
1 that at the first keyup in CW a short beep came out of the speaker.
Setting the parameters to discontinue controlling the radio through Com
2 stopped the beeping.

Any one have a hint how to keep this happineing or am I the only one.

This occured with versions 6.6 and now with version 6.72. Is it
something I've done wrong in the setup?

I don't recall hearing the beep when operating in the CQP contest with
6.6. In that case the serial port was used for keying and com 1 to cntl
the radio.

73, Don, W6OA