[TRLog] Re: TRLog digest, Vol 1 #164 - 3 msgs

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TRLog digest, Vol 1 #164 - 3 msgs
From: w9wi at w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Tue Jan 21 18:25:40 2003
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 12:10:18PM -0400, trlog-request@contesting.com wrote:
> During SQPs it sure would be fb if we could type in a mobile's call (i.e.
> K4BEV/M) and see all of the previous QSO's with that mobile. It's hard to
> keep track of which county(s) you've worked him in the way it is now. I guess
> I could use a piece of paper, but I really like it when the computer does my
> work for me.

I type /CHEA.  (or the first four characters of his county)  Yes, that
*does* cause him to come up as DX (and logs a DX prefix as his QTH) but you
have the correct multiplier information in the callsign field so you can
come back and fix it.  Next time you hear that station, when you type in his
call you'll see previous QSOs in the "possible calls" window below the
exchange.

Admittedly, fixing the QTH field after the fact might not be practical in
the California QSO Party.  It's probably managable for the TQP.

> Also: Is there a switch to toggle between counties needed and the rest of the
> planet; when operating a QP from it's home state? If not, then could there
> be?

I think that's going to be a problem.  The sample files on k4ro.net are
essentially reverse-engineered from the Cal QSO Party and treat counties as
domestic multipliers - mixed in with the states.  With considerable hacking
to CTY.DAT I suppose it might be possible to enter them as DX mults instead
- but that would be a problem for those who work a fair amount of DX.  (I
don't think anyone's worked a DXCC during the TQP yet but you'd be surprised
how much *is* worked)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66