[Trlog] USB Pseudo-Serial Port Problem

Subject: [Trlog] USB Pseudo-Serial Port Problem
From: tavan at tibco.com (Rick Tavan)
Date: Wed Feb 19 22:45:30 2003
I need another serial port on my Win 98 laptop so I can control both
radios. I am trying to use a Keyspan USB Serial Adapter and am having
trouble. I am using a serial cable assembled per Elecraft KIO2
instructions including the jumper that I believe is a loopback. I know
the built-in real serial port is COM2 and it works fine with this cable
and TR. The status utility from Keyspan says it has set up the pseudo
port as COM1.  When I tell TR to use SERIAL 1, it appears not to be
there. The debug file shows only TIME OUT. The USB port works with a
Palm Pilot cable and thinks it is COM3. When I tell TR to use SERIAL 3,
the screen blinks COMMUNICATIONS ERROR continuously and the debug file
still says TIME OUT.

Any suggestions?

/Rick N6XI