[Trlog] Who Will Kill TRlog?

Subject: [Trlog] Who Will Kill TRlog?
From: K3BU at aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 11:59:47 2003
In a message dated 2/22/03 10:59:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
k2av@contesting.com writes:

>  If TRLog cedes the multis to the WriteLogs, etc, just because of
>  network connections, then all the operators that get their wings and
>  first training at the multis will come out familiar/salted to the
>  other programs.

Been "handicapped" by TRlog: I went to help N3AD M/M and the first time they
were running CT, the second time WRITELog. Not being familiar with those, I
ended up running my Notebook with TRlog and being "sentenced" to one band
(20m) without benefit of passing mx or knowing what is going on other bands.
Second time it was quite easy to figure out minimum required to run with
WriteLog, without the benefit of all the nice shortcuts and features being
used to in TRlog. Better than memory keyer, but felt like being on crutches.

If there was a way of hooking up DOS/TRLog running in the window to using USB
or Ethernet ports, that would help slow migration.
First step would be to find good USB to RS232 adapters and software patches
and configuration for WIN95/98 so we can run radios with newer computers. The
next step would be to implement networking via windows.

So far I love my TRLog running on old IBM Thinkpad but I am itching to
explore, killer Pentium notebook, with sound recording, map showing,
propagation tracking and bikini lady waking me up when falling asleep.

Question for SO2R: what is more efficient, running TRlog on one computer or
on two computers networked, one for each radio?

Yuri, K3BU