[Trlog] While they're fresh...

Subject: [Trlog] While they're fresh...
From: geoiii at kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Mon Mar 3 11:02:33 2003
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:33:23AM -0500, Ron D. Rossi wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:09:07AM -0500, Pete Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> And finally, does anyone else yearn for a key on the keyboard that would
> >> serve as a momentary-contact "PTT ON" switch?  With SBDVP, I was able to
> >
> >That would be useful.
> >Maybe the CTRL-SHIFT on the right side could me made
> >to do this.
>
> Was this said tongue in cheek??? CTRL-SHIFT DOES do this already!!

Well - sort of - and partly becuase I am in a fog after
this weekends contest.

If you have the CW sidetone on - like I do for the paddles - then
if you press the left CTRL-Shift it will key the rig but
also give you a tone on the PC speaker.

This is kind of annoying if you are trying to talk.
So that is why I was thinking the right side CTRL-SHIFT would
be good - of course now I am thinking it might be good enough
just to turn the tone off in the program when the program
is in SSB mode.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net