[Trlog] v6.72 - TS940 problem - solution found

Subject: [Trlog] v6.72 - TS940 problem - solution found
From: paule at sfu.ca (paule@sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 20 12:25:32 2003
I finally had a chance to experiment with v6.72 and the ts940.
As some may remember, the new version of TR caused the audio
to jump in steps as one tuned through a signal, rather than
a smooth change is the sound. It turns out that the 940 does
not like the new default fast polling rate. (note: the problem
was reproduceable on 4 different 940's) I found that by changing
the polling rate to somewhere between 700-1000, the problem goes
away. This means we 940 owners loose out on the advantages other
kenwoods gain from the faster polling rate, but as many of you
know, the 940 is a bit of a rule unto itself.

All of these tests were conducted with the stock IF10b. I have
not been able to get ahold of a PIEXX 940 interface to see if
that overcomes the problem.

If there is someone out there using a 940 with the PIEXX interface,
I would really appreciate hearing from you to see if you have the
same issues. If that fixes it, I will have 3 IF10b's for sale.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT ex VE7CQK - email: paule@sfu.ca
"Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad."