[Trlog] WPX 03 notes - 2

Subject: [Trlog] WPX 03 notes - 2
From: jimsmith at shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Tue Apr 1 23:41:47 2003
Arturo

Can't help you with the other stuff but I CAN tell you how to avoid
rerecording messages at every shift change.  I'll use CQF1 as an example.

1.  Before the contest, every op records his CQF1 message, preferably in
the operating room so ambient sound is the same.

2.  He gives the message a unique file name.  I suggest a naming
convention such as 6etbCQF1.dvp.  i.e. the last 4 letters of the op's
call LU6ETB) and the function of the file (CQF1).

3.  Put ALL the DVP file names in sbdvpcfg.dat.

4.  Program the ALT-P O, C and E message memories with the dvp file
names for the first op.

5.  At shift change, the next op just edits the file names in the
message memories to change the call to his.

6.  That's it.

You can mechanize step 5 as follows:  (This is from my reading of the
manual.  I haven't actually tried it.)

1.  Create an Input Config File for each op. This is a text file.  Name
it, for example, LU6ETB.icf

2.  In the file put the commands to program the ALT-P message memories.
 e.g.
      CQ SSB MEMORY F1 = 6etbCQF1.dvp
      CQ SSB MEMORY F2 = 6etbCQF2.dvp
      QSL SSB MESSAGE = 6etbQSL.dvp
      QUICK QSL SSB MESSAGE = 6etbQQSL.dvp
      etc.

3.    When LU6ETB starts his shift he hits CTRL-V, enters LU6ETB.icf at
the prompt for the filename and hits ENTER.
        The message memories should now be programmed to play LU6ETB's
dvp files.  Other message memories will not change.

NOTE:-  The files don't have to have any extension.  I use .icf (for
Input Config File) so that at a later date I won't be wondering what the
heck that file is.

Hope this helps.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO