[Trlog] FT990 Interface Issues

Subject: [Trlog] FT990 Interface Issues
From: n2mg at eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Tue Apr 8 07:19:40 2003
> > One other pecularity I've noticed is when changing bands via computer
> > (keypad or alt-v/b) the radio qsy's but shuts the RIT off in the
process.
> > If I use the band change buttons on the radio (assuming I'd set the RIT
> > on on each band previously) the RIT stays on.  Is this normal?  What can
be
> > done to keep the RIT on?

I just (last month or so) wrote about this happening to the 1000MP - Yaesu
has apparently deliberately designed into these radios that entering a freq
through the front panel or through the serial port also turns off the RIT.
I suppose that they wanted to be sure you were REALLY on 14.050 after you
enter it. ;-)

Mike N2MG