[Trlog] CQ 160 logging

Subject: [Trlog] CQ 160 logging
From: geoiii at kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Apr 24 17:36:42 2003
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:47:59PM +0100, R. Kline wrote:
> Sorry, but I'm not talking about country entries for the multipliers. I mean
> the indication of the country that is sent from the station worked.
> Whatever the other station sends  should be in the log - exactly as it was
> sent.  For example, if OK1ADM sends me 599CZ, then that is the received
> exchange and that should be in the log. When I type 599 CZ,  TRlog insists
> on logging the received report as 599OK.  Similar things happen with
> European Russia and Slovenia commonly using abbreviations other than the
> standard ones.  The rules of the contest do not dictate a specific
> "standard" country abbreviation.  Anything reasonable is acceptable.  If I
> wanted to, from Israel, I could send 599IL (IL is the international
> designator for Israel, and yes, it also means Illinois, so I would avoid
> that).  Therefore, I chose 5994X.  The guys in Slovenia usually send 599SI,
> but TRlog insists on logging it as 599S5.

I am not sure that this is a problem - I would think that you could
log it as the country prefix just as TR does it and not worry about
logging what they sent.  Just as you would do for states - if I
send TX or TEX or TEXAS - these should all be the same.

As far as I know this is how everyone does it.

See this post:

http://lists.contesting.com/_trlog/2000-February/005625.html

But you would really need to ask K4JRB what he is expecting.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net