[Trlog] Re: [TenTec] Logging programs

Subject: [Trlog] Re: [TenTec] Logging programs
From: tree at kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Mon May 19 12:52:29 2003
> >"Is the Orion baud rate 57600 or 56000?  Logic 6 has a setting for
> >56000."
> >==========
> >The Orion Programmer's Reference Manual says, "Fixed at 57600 baud".
> >
> >And that's the baud rate between the radio and computer.  It's not for
> >the computer's internal display rate.
> >

> Ouch -- I sure hope they fix this -- I think it will preclude the use of TR
> Log with the Orion.  Ron?  Hopefully, it's fixable in firmware.

Are we saying that things are really running at different speeds?  I doubt that
really happens.  And even if it did, I don't think there timing error between
57600 and 56000 would be an issue.

56K is about equal to 57600 BTW.

K = 1024, not 1000.

I can't believe I never got to shack N4ZR's hand at Dayuton - even though I
took
a picture of him standing 5 feet away from him (he was QRL).

Tree