[Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 6, Issue 12

Subject: [Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 6, Issue 12
From: kg5u at hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Thu Jun 19 18:24:48 2003
> Search and
> > Replace's to fix the grid squares work?
> >
> > Yes, it would -- but if you have a large number grids, that is a lot of
> > manual keystrokes.
>
> In fact, that's what I did.  With an entire seven QSOs it was simple
> enough<grin>.
>
> > I was actally thinking of a simple "basic" routine that says if
> the time is
> > more than WWWW less than XXXX, then the grid is YYZZ...
>
> If we get any more bad weather I may work on this.  It's just simple
> enough that my "C" skills may be up to the task<grin>.
>
> FWIW your grid is NOT in the LOG.DAT file.  I guess POST's Cabrillo
> routine grabs it from LOGCFG.DAT.  (which would explain why only the
> first value is used if I change it during the contest)
> --
> Doug Smith W9WI
> Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66
> http://www.w9wi.com

I was playing with VB4 the last couple of weeks on another application, but
figured this would be a snap to do.

It was pretty easy.

I made a form to open a .cbr log into a listbox, the op enters the new sent
grid square in a textbox, highlights the appropriate log lines in the
listbox and then presses RUN.  The new grid square replaces the old.

I just need to pretty it up a bit.

The problem with distributing it is that it requires that the person using
it have/put three (I think) files in their windows\system folder: common
dialog box ocx/oca files and a vb40032.dll -- I can put it on my webpage and
it can be downloaded there.

Give me a few hours and it may be up and ready for downloading before
midnight.

73,
dale, kg5u