[Trlog] TQSL and Cabrillo logs

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TQSL and Cabrillo logs
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@neonramp.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:50:18 -0400
Pat N9RV said:

The first problem was that TQSL wanted a contest name, which was not
put there by Post.  OK, so I hand edited it in.  Easy.

But now it is coughing on the very first QSO: line, saying that "599" is
not
a valid call.

Which end do I start with on this problem?  Is the Cabrillo log created
by
Post not spec, or is the TQSL program out of whack?

**********************************

When you process a Cabrillo file in TQSL for a contest that it might not
recognize (or if you used a nonstandard name for a major contest), you should
add that contest name to TQSL's Cabrillo specs roster.  Start TQSL and go to
File/Preferences/Cabrillo Specs and add a line for the contest in question,
using the contest name as shown in the Cabrillo file.  Be sure to specify the
data field number on the QSO: line of the Cabrillo file where the call sign
appears.  (Of course, all Cabrillo and ADIF files are text and can be viewed
with Notepad or DOS Edit.)

For whatever reason, TQSL defaults to column 5 for Cabrillo call field number,
which is usually not correct, for my files at least.  All the Cabrillo Specs I
have added to TQSL had column 8 for the call sign.  And they all processed OK.

Hope this helps.

73, Paul W8TM