Re: [Trlog] amateur data information file

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] amateur data information file
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:45:17 +0000

---------

---------

> Far as I know ARRL contest log robot accepted the above format for
> many years.
> TQSL will not sign this file format.

Hi Rich,

That file segment above is not an ADIF. As far as I know, TR has no
ADIF export capability. I think what you have there is the old
"ARRL Format," which precedes Cabrillo.

You can run your log.dat's through the KA5WSS File Converter
program http://www.qsl.net/ka5wss/logconv/ to create an
ADIF.

That same program is also supposed to be able to handle ARRL
format to ADIF, but I haven't been able to figure
out how to use it in that mode. You have to tell it what
contest the file is for.

If you are conversant with spreadsheet programs, you can
import an arrl format into a spreadsheet, juggle the
columns all around, reformat the date and time, and then
use the KH2D program asc2adif to convert to adif.
http://kh2d.net/software/asc2adif.cfm
This would be a last resort. The first log will probably
take you 4 hours to convert, figuring out the formatting.
Subsequent logs would take 10 minutes each.

Good luck.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ