[Trlog] Setting up TR-Log for W/VE Islands Contest

To: TR-Log <>
Subject: [Trlog] Setting up TR-Log for W/VE Islands Contest
From: Anthony Rodgers <>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:49:00 -0700
Hi there,

I am trying to set up TR-Log for the upcoming W/VE Islands Contest (rules at, and I think I have figured
out how to set up a .DOM file for it, with the island designators (e.g.
BC016) generating state and province mults like this:

> Bc = BC, BC001, BC002, BC003, .......
I am struggling with two things: 1) how to cope with 5 points for an island
contact and 1 point for a non-island contact (is there an existing QSO point
method that does this? Will using IOTA and dividing by 3 work?) and b) how
to handle the island name, as it is part of the exchange?

Any thoughts?

73 de VA7IRL,
Anthony Rodgers
Cell: 604-340-8295