[Trlog] Alt-D spots?

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Alt-D spots?
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:54:15 -0500
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 11:39:26PM -0500, Tree Tyree N6TR wrote:

>                     Release notes for TR Logging Program
>
> Version 6.75 - 12 October 2003

>  - Added SENT ALT-D SPOTS TO PACKET (control-J, default = FALSE).  When
>    you use Alt-D to do a dupe check on the second radio, the program
>    will automatically generate a packet spot.

    I'm having trouble understanding this feature.  It sounds like you can
configure the program to spot a station found on the second radio before you
work it.  Which doesn't seem to make sense to me, operationally speaking.

    Also, looking back through the release notes, it seems that TR has
been in major version 6 for over five years!