Re: [Trlog] Notes on CT network

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Notes on CT network
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:17:03 -0500
This is just too cool Tree.  I've been setting up a network
in CT for an upcoming M2 operation at VP5.  The majority of
the ops are familiar wth CT, so we're using it.  I've been
trying to learn CT inside and out, setting up a 3-computer
CT network at home.  CT works and works well, and I'm not
complaining.

Then along comes this new TR-Log feature, and I just had to
try it out on my CT test network.  It works!  I can enter QSOs
from either CT or TR on the network, and then watch the QSO's
fly into the logs on both programs.

QSO entry worked great, with correct band/mode info.  Alt-G
messages from CT were received in TR just fine.  TR Notes
(Control-N) were displayed in CT as an error message:
"Bad Band From Remote Input = 122"  (or = 233)  A gab route
from TR-->CT would be handy.

This just might be the answer we TR-Log junkies have been
waiting for in multi-ops.  I'll probably stick with CT for
the VP5B operation because I don't want to introduce any
new gremlins to the mix, but this is a great idea and should
be good news for users of both programs.

-Kirk  K4RO