[Trlog] Dupe Checking in 6.78

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Dupe Checking in 6.78
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@neonramp.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:03:06 -0500
Now that some big guns have commented on dupe-checking difficulties in 6.78, I
thought I'd add a little-pistol view.

I expected the Visible Dupesheet to be useful for at least half of the CW SS,
so I turned it on initially.  At some point while I was S&Ping, the dupesheet
display shrank to include only the 5 calls in the editable log window.  Not
much later, the dupesheet returned to its former multicolor glory.

Of course, I realized that the failure of an optional feature was no real
problem, so I ignored the dupesheet anomaly at the time.  But now I suspect
that it is related to the dupe-checking difficulty.  The dupesheet shrank at
some time after I shut down TR (contest not ended) to attend a dinner on
Saturday, and maybe even after I shut down a second time to sleep (I'm not
certain).

I run TR under DOS 6.22 with no Windows loaded.  I have no computer-controlled
radios.

73, Paul W8TM