[Trlog] SCP/Possible Call Bug

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] SCP/Possible Call Bug
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:07:24 +0000
Hi All:

As of now, Super Check Partial does NOT show calls from your log, but
it does indicate duplicates if you have worked the station and his call
is in trmaster.dta.  The "Possible Calls" feature apparently includes
both calls from trmaster.dta and from your log.

However, when typing in calls using "ALT-D", often the Possible Calls
window did not update at all.  Pressing "RETURN" gave the duplicate
message and beep with a blank possible call window.  This did not
happen all the time.

I'd like to see Super Check Partial include calls from my log.  If
I'm typing in a callsign, I like to just watch the Super Check Partial
window.  If the call is a dupe, I can often see that in the first three
letters and I can just hit escape and go to the next guy.  This is a
lot faster than typing the whole call into "ALT-D."

If SCP is enabled, my suggestion is to have the Possible Calls that
appear as you are entering a callsign appear in the SCP window.  After
you hit return, the Possible Calls can show up where they do now for
rapid selection.

I use this feature in CT all the time. Their SCP window does include calls
from the log...

73,

Mark, KD4D